I Got An I Heart Question Mark Written On The Back Of My Hand...

<3

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Where is the Love?

Events the last couple days have got me wondering...

Where is the love, great cosmic powers of the universe? Why do you hate me so? Haven't you heard that Black Eyed Peas song?

Yesterday, I had to go pick up a prescription at Walgreens. And since I don't have a car out here, I get to take the bus. Now that's all fine and dandy, usually (except when there's creepers... but that's another story). So yesterday, I gather all the things I need so as soon as I get out of my chemistry recitation, I can head straight to the bus stop. I was just in jeans, one of those zip up hoodies with the fur inside, and cute shoes (aka no socks) because that was fine for the temperature it was. After class, I come out of the building. And it's snowing. Just starting. But I had to go to Walgreens, I'd been putting it off since Saturday already. So I told myself, "It'll be fine." Famous last words.

After trekking over to the bus stop, I had to wait 15 minutes for the bus because of course they were running late. And in case you wondered, an opensided bus shelter/bench does not offer much protection from the snow. Finally, after sitting and watching the snow flakes get bigger and bigger, and come down faster and faster, the bus comes. I get to Walgreens with no mishaps. I fall in love with the Valentine's Day plush while waiting for my prescription. *Side Note: I really really want one of those giant stuffed dogs... hee* I talked myself out of buying any, mostly because I have no money. I'm down to my last couple bucks, no lie. So I got my prescription, waited for the bus to come (only a few minutes this time, thank god they were on time going back to campus), made it back to the edge of campus. I then proceded to walk the almost 6 blocks across campus to my dorm in the near blizzard that had descended upon us. During my trek, I realized my dorm window was open (because our dorm is always 6 million degrees). Luckily the snow was not coming down at the right angle to get in my window. I, however, did not have such luck. By the time I got up to my dorm room, the entire front of my jacket and front of my jeans were soaked because of the giant snow flakes that had plastered on them and then melted when I walked inside. I couldn't feel my toes, and my feet were all wet... All in all, it was great fun. *sarcasm* Luckily, I had thrown a scarf and gloves in my purse, because I thought my hands might get cold waiting for the bus... little did I know what was to come.

Today, the great cosmic powers apparently decided they were going to teach me a lesson about procrastinating. I got up this morning at 10... hey, I don't have class til 1. Can you blame me? And basically spent a lot of time slowly getting ready and looking at stuff online, even though I needed to finish my 'models' (lab reports only 10 times the pain in the ass). So about a quarter of 1, I gather my stuff to leave. Still an hour before class starts. I'm gonna grab some lunch from the express dining place and finish them before class. I go to the dining place, grab some cereal, applesauce, pudding... yum. And there's no spoons. So I had to drag myself back up the 3 flights of stairs to my dorm room for a freakin spoon. So by the time I eat, I barely made it to class on time. Once again, great fun.

Ok. Either more later, or tomorrow. Because I have two tests tomorrow I have to study for. That I'm going to fail.



No comments: