I Got An I Heart Question Mark Written On The Back Of My Hand...

<3

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

PRINCE........is a sexy beast, haha.

If you've never listened to Prince, I feel you're really missing out on something. 80s popstar/musician. I blame my mom, because she was a big fan when she was my age, and whenever they play his songs on the radio, she blasts them and sings along... much to my dad's dismay. I, on the other hand, love it. His music always this cool funky beat, and is super catchy. And like 90% of the time, it's about sex. Like kind of hard to get innuendos, especially if you're like me and kind of dense about it sometimes. It's great. I think one of the things I love most about Prince, though, is that he never seemed to be afraid to offend people with his lyrics and music. From what I know, it was kind of frowned upon not only by older generations (understandably), but even by the music world (labels/producers/etc) at first. Plus he wore assless pants at an award show. Which makes you cool in my book.

I'm currently obsessed with older music, the majority of what I listen to right now is 80s/90s music, like old Christina Aguilera, INXS, Nelly, Usher, Def Leppard, of course Prince, and, one of my personal favorites, Will Smith. I must say that his songs "Miami" and "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" hold a special place in my heart, because my sister and I knew every word when we were younger.
"You tryin' to flex on me?
Don't be silly.
Gettin' jiggy wit it"

More later.

1 comment:

brittymarie68 said...

:D i love itt!! and i miss you. 32 days? or 31? i can't remember.. haha. <3